Steph Curry responds to Andrew Wiggins not getting COVID-19 vaccine

Warriors star Steph Curry responded to questions concerning teammate, Andrew Wiggins’ vaccination status and what the implications could be for his Golden State during media day.

For players in the NBA, the decision to get the COVID-19 vaccine or not has been deemed a “personal decision.” But oddly enough, during today’s media day, players were often asked questions revolving around the personal decision of their own teammates who have not taken the vaccine.

Compounded in this question on personal decisions was Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry, who had to field questions about teammate Andrew Wiggins, who has recently been a major talking point in the league for his refusal to take the vaccine and the implications that could mean for the Dubs.

According to a report from The Athletic’s Shams Charania, 90 percent of NBA players are currently vaccinated. Wiggins, alongside the Brooklyn Nets’ Kyrie Irving and Washington Wizards Bradley Beal, is amongst the remaining 10 percent that has decided against getting the vaccine.

But unlike Beal, Wiggins and Irving’s refusal will prevent them from being able to play home games with their respective teams, in addition to away games in the cities that have a vaccine mandate for large events: San Francisco and New York City.

Curry, who mentioned that he is vaccinated, hopes Wiggins is available and with them throughout the season but added that he hopes Wiggins has access to the right information needed to make the right decision on the matter. The two-time MVP was judicious in his response by not jeopardizing team chemistry, Wiggins’ trust, or the team’s trust.

“We’ve all made decisions that you feel are right for you, for your family, or whatever the case is,” Curry said. “This is no different whether you agree with him or not, we have to let it play out.”

The Warriors are hoping to return to dominance in the Western Conference and showed flashes of that ability last season behind Curry’s play. Because Wiggins was a key factor in their success last season, him being forced to miss games this season because of this ‘personal decision’ will likely prove costly for the Warriors.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Pelicans have serious concerns about Zion’s weight and conditioning
3 reasons the Nets won’t be able to make a Kyrie Irving trade
Curry scores 41, puts on show in preseason finale
The Whiteboard: What we learned from the Lakers’ and Nets’ losses on Opening Night
Source: Kings exercising option on Haliburton

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *